A Visit on 18-9-2019 to Palestine Museum of Natural History – Small Tour By Dr. Mazin Qumsiyeh
Who is Dr. Mazin Qumsiyeh?
Professor Mazin Qumsiyeh teaches and does research at Bethlehem, Birzeit Universities and also the Bible College in Bethlehem. He previously served on the faculties of the University of Tennessee, Duke, and Yale Universities.
Some of the Key Priorities Subjects that Palestinian Researches should focus on ?
History of Local Studies on Palestinian Area’s
- 19th Century: Europeans on short trips in Palestine (E.G Tristram ) with Taxonomists describing many species
- 20th Century: Bodenheimer, Atallah , Qumsiyeh, Haas, Werner Etc…
- 21th Century : You 🙂
Some of the Achivments of Palestine Museum of Natural History
- Published More than 20 Scientific Researches in the First two years.
- Teaching from the Early School till High School through work and garden
- Change in Community through development and sharing with communities like Eco-Farming with Local Farmers
- Protection of the Environment
Respect According to Dr. Mazin Qumsiyeh
- First Respect our Selves that we can change our Circumstances
- Respect Others
- Respect the Environment
Recommendations by Dr. Mazin About Research
- Early Learning of Students to Encourge them to read and critical Thinking, Questioning there surrounding and exploring
- Develop Curriculum and Activities Extracurricular in Schools
- Develop Curriculum and Activities Extracurricular in High-Schools
Focus The Researches and Development on the needs of the Community specially in Health, Environment, Agriculture and Education
- Alternative Energy
- Human Impact on Environment
- Innovative Education
Universities should participate in Local Communities through transferring of knowledge that have been acquired to them through research and to be active in all fields not only in Learning.
This Museum Caught my attention with many things as im new student of fauna and Flora with this very small space of land there is hundreds of Plant Species all over the place which is quite interesting, over hundred bird and most likely thousands of insects.
Which is also Very Interesting to teach and show children about our Environment and how we can preserve it for future generations and also interestingly they had a children exploration playground and many permaculture facilities.
References: Dr. Mazin Qumsiyeh